Tasty Treat Thursday REWRITE and CHALLENGE: Chocolate Cake for One [part II] | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

April 1, 2011

Tasty Treat Thursday REWRITE and CHALLENGE: Chocolate Cake for One [part II]

It was brought to my attention by Alert Blog Reader Terri that the Tasty Treat recipe I posted yesterday did not turn out very well in her experience. I was dismayed and almost took it down. Then remembered that a similar recipe had been in this month's Food Network Magazine, so I tried that one, with a little tweak or 2 on my part, and I'd like to report it turned out GREAT! I'll repost the recipe with the BETTER instructions below:


~~~~~

Chocolate Cake for One
(Food Network Magazine style)


  • 1/4 cup of flour
  • 5 TBS Sugar
  • 2 TBS cocoa powder
  • 1 egg
  • 3 TBS milk
  • 3 TBS vegetable oil
  • splash of vanilla extract
  • pinch of salt
  • (and I added a dash of cinnamon)

Whisk all of the ingredients together in a microwave safe mug. Microwave until puffed - about 2 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!


~~~~~

This cake was somewhat reminiscent of Chocolate Treacle. It may not the perfect chocolate cake (Hey , if you want that, go to a bakery!), but it is tasty and warm in a dessert-needing pinch. And the texture turned out better than what Terri experienced (she said hers was rubbery. Yick).

HERE' IS TODAY'S CHALLENGE: I'd like to challenge YOU to make this today (or this weekend). The ingredients are pretty common in most pantries. Try it and come back and let us know how it turns out for you. AND let us know what, if anything, you would do different (add, take away, etc). I'd like to see if we can perfect it!

Looking forward to hearing from you! Leave a comment below...


3 comments :

  1. I actually made the microwave chocolate cake when that issue of FNM came out - we liked it (again, not "real" chocolate cake, but a fun treat). The thing to remember is that all microwaves are different, so you might get a rubbery/overcooked result in your oven, while mine comes out perfectly. I would err on the side of undercooking this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica! Maybe that's why mine came out so rubbery?? I probably overcooked it! The recipe I had wasn't from the FNM, so I'm going to try that one and undercook it! I'll let you know how it turns out Steph!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For over four years Steve were required to turn
    to public transit, bumming rides, and driving an old "beater" until he could
    actually pay the car he wanted nuff.us the bank embezzlement charge held the stiffest potential penalty,
    many years in state prison.
    my webpage > nuff.us

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google