Tasty Treat Thursday: 5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake for One | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

March 31, 2011

Tasty Treat Thursday: 5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake for One

:::For the better version of this recipe, go to THIS POST::

While you are devilishly scheming ways to prank your loved ones tomorrow, I wanted to give you a little devilish treat to enjoy in the meantime! Great thing about today's Tasty Treat is that it is a TASTY TREAT FOR ONE!

I got this from Alert Blog Reader (ok...and she's my mother-in-law), Martha. She received it in an email, and passed it along to me (she knows I am a sucker for a good tasty treat recipe). Not long after receiving the email, I saw a similar recipe in this month's Food Network Magazine. Initially, I was hesitant to believe that the recipe would work, but if it's in Food Network Magazine, it must be legit.

Right?

Anyway - It's clever and cute and CHOCOLATE.

::sigh:: ::Chocolate::

This is the kind of recipe that's good to have on hand. Why? Because you never know when you will find yourself home alone and realize you are out of ice cream, boxed brownie mix and cookies. This is always an urgent, if not dangerous, situation. Having a simple treat-for-one recipe in your repertoire will leave you assured that you'll never be left vulnerable and dessertless again.

~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

Tasty Treat



5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE FOR ONE

  • 4 tablespoons flour
  • 4 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 3 tablespoons oil
  • 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
  • A small splash of vanilla extract
  • 1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous)
.

~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

I'm excited to try this out - almost like a little science experiment. And I like having a back-up dessert to have on deck in case my other desserts fall through.

Is it bad that I see dessert this way?

Good luck coming up with April Fool's Day Pranks. And if YOU have a good Tasty Treat recipe, email it to me so I can post it for the rest of the community! moderndaydonnareed@gmail.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google