Simple Supper Monday: Peanut Ginger Pasta | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

August 29, 2011

Simple Supper Monday: Peanut Ginger Pasta



So, as I mentioned last week, I've been going through these stacks of Taste of Home Cooking for 2 magazines that my step-mother handed off to me.  While I overlook many of the recipes, there is a hefty amount of worthy recipes to try. It's been awesome to have so many meals to look forward to (in hopes they actually turn out reasonably edible).


Last week, we tried several recipes, and I'll have to slowly dole them out to you so you do not become inundated with recipe awesomeness.  After carefully weighing my options, I decided to share with you today's recipe because, well, it was the first one I cooked up last week.


And it was stinkin' awesome.


For those of you who were into the Chicken Satay recipe I shared a few months ago, this is right up your ally.  This dish has a great Asian flare, and can be used as either a meatless main entree or tasty side dish.  We opted for the meatless main entree, as it is super filling.  But it would make a great side dish (particularly for Chicken Satay).  And if you are not quite up for a meatless entree, grill/sautee up some chicken and throw it on top.


We discussed good meals for the Fall that can be turned into good lunches. We doubled this recipe, and it yielded ample lunch leftovers (which may have been more tasty than the original dinner itself!)


~~~~~

Simple Supper Monday

(from Taste of Home's Cooking for Two magazine)

  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon water
  • 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 3 tablespoons peanut butter
  • 1-1/4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
  • 1-1/4 teaspoons grated lime peel
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 4 ounces uncooked multigrain linguine
  • 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
  • 1 medium carrot, grated
  • 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
  • 1 green onion, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil

  • In a blender, combine the first 10 ingredients; cover and process until blended. Set aside.
  • In a large saucepan, cook linguine according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 5 minutes. Cook until broccoli is tender; drain.
  • In a large bowl, combine the carrot, red pepper, onion and basil. Add linguine, broccoli and lime juice mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 4 cups.



~~~~~

I actually really enjoyed the chilled leftovers a little better the next day.  I appreciate recipes that make good leftovers!

More recipes to come - I'm up to my ears in them!

If you have a recipe, email me and I will happily try it and share with the rest of the community!

moderdaydonnareed [at] gmail [dot] com


2 comments :

  1. I love asian recipes so I will toatally try this one! I have never used sesame oil - i usually just use olive. is it a huge necessity? Do you recommend me hunting some down?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - definitely use sesame oil! It's not like olive oil - it has a deep flavor that makes the dish. It's not hard to find - look in the asian aisle of your grocery store :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google