Simple Supper Monday, Vol 60: Roasted Curry Salmon with Tomatoes | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

March 28, 2011

Simple Supper Monday, Vol 60: Roasted Curry Salmon with Tomatoes

Happy 60th Post-a-versary to Simple Supper Mondays!

We look forward to many more...

I've been excited and overwhelmed with gladness that people have been heeding my request at the end of every post ("SEND ME RECIPES!") and are actually sending me recipes to try and to post. I'm trying to decide where to start. Either way, you can rest assured that for the indefinite future, there will be a Simple Supper recipe posted on Mondays.

Does that not give you the warm fuzzies inside?

Get ready to get your cook on!

OK. So this week's recipe comes from blog reader Karin. Karin has been a stay at home for 7 years. She hash 2 girls; ages 5 and 7. Before kids Karin used to work at Devereux (a local residential treatment facility for girls) as a social worker and she taught 1st grade in Maryland. She enjoys working out and is training again for the DIVA triathalon in Philadelphia. Karin also enjoys reading, watching movies and volunteering at her kid's school.

Doesn't she sound lovely?

Anyway - this week's post will be a treat for all you fishmongers out there: it's a fish recipe! I know. I never post fish recipes. "Why don't you ever post fish recipes, Steph?" you might ask? Because I don't like fish. I've tried fish. I've tried to LIKE fish. It just isn't in the stars right now.

BUT.

Hubby LOVES fish. Loves loves loves. He will try any seafood put in front of him. And poor guy NEVER gets to eat fish because...well...I do a majority of the cooking. That's right. Hubby DOES cook - and he is really good at it, especially when he makes something up without a recipe. He is mighty creative. But he knows if he prepares fish, he'll be the only one eating it.

And that would be a waste.

He is happy, though, that someone has sent in a fish recipe - and he is eager to try it. He'll prepare it sometime my Mom is over. She likes fish too. We are lucky in that way: My family likes fish, so Hubby gets to eat it with them. His family does NOT like fish, so I never have to worry that they'll prepare it for me and I'll have to choke it down and pretend I like it.

We are a match made in heaven.

I digress. Getting back to the recipe.

Karin found this recipe in Real Simple magazine. She confirms that it is tasty. Therefore, if you like fish, you should try it. Hubby is going to!

~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

Simple Supper Monday


Roasted Curry Salmon with Tomatoes


Total time: 20 minutes - Serves 4

Place 1 pint grape tomatoes on a baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Nestle a 1.5 lb piece skinless salmon fillet among the tomatoes; season with salt, pepper and 2 teaspoons curry powder. Roast at 400 degrees F until opaque, 15-18 minutes. Serve over rice; sprinkle with basil. Enjoy!

~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~


I'll be honest. That sounds good. Enough to even maybe taste it. If I do, I'll let you know. In the meantime, I hope you try it and it turns out well for you!

More to come - check back in! And remember - if YOU have a recipe for me to try and post for the rest of the community, send it my way (include a short bio of yourself so I can share a bit about you when I post it)! moderndaydonnareed@gmail.com

Have a good week!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google