Tasty Treat Thursday: Easy Healthy Pumpkin Muffins | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

December 9, 2010

Tasty Treat Thursday: Easy Healthy Pumpkin Muffins

I can't take credit for this Tasty Treat. I got it from my sister. And I'm pretty sure she found it floating out there in cyberspace somewhere, as some of my friends recognized it and said it's, like, some low-fat recipe.

But.

When I got it off my sisters website and tried it, I. WAS. AH-MAZED.

It's one of those recipes that you read and you scratch your head and go, "Ok. Where are the missing ingredients?" These recipes make me nervous. But Melissa assured me that it was correct, and the treats come out perfectly moist and delicious.

Being pregnant and craving sweets, I took her word for it.

And can I tell you? They came out perfect. The batter is really thick, so even in the midst of making this, I was dubious. But I've made them twice now, and I can't get enough of them. YUM.

I posted it this week on the Chesco Moms website, and I thought it would be wrong of me to keep it from you on here. If you are anything like me, you've somewhat stockpiled a lot of canned pumpkin. So you spend time perusing the internet for new and exciting ways to use pumpkin. And just because Halloween and Thanksgiving are over, pumpkin goodness doesn't have to end. Especially because this month, we often get invited to a lot of breakfasts/brunches/lunches/cocktail parties/dinners/holiday events wherein we are coerced into bringing something good to eat.

Here is your something good (and apparently low-fat) to eat.

~~~~~

Tasty Treat Thursday

Easy (and Healthy) 
Pumpkin Muffins


  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
  • 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
  • 1 3/4 tsp. pumpkin spice
  • a few dashes of cinnamon


  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves until smooth. Spoon equal amounts of batter into the prepared muffin cups.
  3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean.

*****for mini muffins, bake for about 17 minutes*****

~~~~~

Recently, I've enjoyed these muffins by making them into a mini-parfait. I crumble them into a bowl, and layer (or just top) with light whipped cream. IT'S SO GOOD. They are also good for breakfast. Or an after lunch snack. Or a before dinner snack. Or dessert. Or a nightcap.

Or...you can kindly share them with friends and loved ones.

Thanks, Lissa, for sharing this recipe! And one of these days, I'll find the original author and thank them too.

If you have any Tasty Treat Recipes to share, send them my way!
moderndaydonnareed.blogspot.com




StumbleUpon.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google