Simple Supper Monday - Volume 53: Jeannine's Pasta with Chickpea Sauce | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

May 24, 2010

Simple Supper Monday - Volume 53: Jeannine's Pasta with Chickpea Sauce

Hi.

I'm not sure where to start. I guess I could start by explaining why I've been absent from blogging for a while. But, it doesn't go along with my Simple Supper recipe, so I've decided to write a post later on to share with you about my life the past few weeks.

So, I will get right to the good stuff: NEW RECIPE!

This recipe comes by way of Jeannine, my high school friend who once stole the donut out of my lunch in seventh grade. Yeah, remember her? She has kindly been sending me recipes she loves, and I couldn't be more grateful (with my life craziness recently, I haven't been as adventurous in the kitchen as I'd like). And her recipes just MIGHT make up for her grand theft donut move so many years ago.

Maybe.

Jeannine said that this recipe was created by her dad (yeah, Conrad!), and it sounds delicious. I am heading to the grocery store after this and hope to pick up the ingredients. Yum! Let me know how this turns out for YOU!

~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

Simple Supper Monday



Jeannine's Pasta with Chickpea Sauce

  • 1 lb. pasta
  • ¼ cup olive oil
  • 2 TBSP butter
  • 1 onion, sliced or chopped
  • 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
  • ¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
  • ¼ tsp. dried basil
  • ¼ tsp. dried oregano
  • ¼ tsp. dried marjoram
  • ¼ tsp. salt
  • ¼ tsp. pepper
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
  • ½ cup white wine or chicken stock
  • 16 oz. canned chick-peas, drained
  • parmesan cheese, freshly grated


1. Start water for pasta. Cook pasta, drain (reserve some of the starchy cooking liquid, approx 1 cup, first). Note: any pasta will do - my favorites are linguine, spinach fettucine, or bowties.

2. Saute onion in olive oil and butter over medium heat. When tender, add garlic and saute a few more minutes.

3. Add herbs and seasonings and saute another minute or two.

4. Turn heat up to medium-high, add wine/broth and let cook for a few minutes. Add lemon juice and chick-peas.

5. Cook until heated through. Slightly mash the chick-pea mixture if desired (I find it easier to eat this way).

5. Top pasta with chick-pea sauce and freshly grated parmesan cheese.

~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~


Doesn't it just sound so light and fresh, perfect for the summer? Throw in some spring or summer veggies to top it off!

Thanks Jeannine! And while I am getting myself together (yes, friends, I do actually plan on picking blogging back up again on a REGULAR basis. Be still your hearts, I know), I could use some Simple Supper recipes to post. Send them my way and I will share them with the community!

moderndaydonnareed@gmail.com

MORE TO COME this week! So check on back!



StumbleUpon.com

1 comment :

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google