Simple Supper Monday, Vol 51: Lauren's Saucy Garlic Chicken Parmesan | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

May 3, 2010

Simple Supper Monday, Vol 51: Lauren's Saucy Garlic Chicken Parmesan

I am finally home after a crazy weekend of driving and celebrating my friend, Dave's, wedding in Blacksburg, Virginia. It seems surreal: Hubby and I waking up at 5am on Saturday, driving 7 hours, attending a wedding, sleeping, waking up and driving 7 hours back. Luckily, we carpooled with our friends Brie and Duie, which made the trip much more interesting!

The end of last week was kind of crazy as well. As many of you know, we've been desperately trying to find a house to buy (well, that sounds pathetic. We want to find a house. It'd be nice). Some interesting things developed, which I am not quite ready to share with you yet. But, it is my hope that in the very near future, I will have some fun news to share.

I'll leave it at that.

Knowing that my week and weekend would be a bit chaotic, I saved this recipe to post today. Today's Simple Supper comes from friend and fellow blogger, Lauren. She blogs over at Bloggerific Tales. Before you keep reading this post, stop right now and head on over to check out Lauren's blog. Her post are nothing short of stinking hilarious and absolutely fun to read. I check it often.

And you should too.
Link
Lauren kindly responded to my pathetic requests for recipes. I am thankful! This recipe sounds so amazingly delicious. Lauren posted about her experience making it, if you want some hard evidence of it's awesomeness. I have not yet gotten to make it (please read my previous paragraphs about MY. CRAZY. LIFE.), but intend to ASAP.

And you should too.



~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

Simple Supper Monday




Lauren's Saucy Garlic Chicken Parmesan

  • 2 tablespoons olive oil (I use E.V.O.O.)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I use 4.)
  • Favorite spaghetti sauce
  • shredded mozzarella cheese
  • a few pinches of parsley

    Directions
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.

  • In a bowl, mix the olive oil and garlic. In a separate bowl, mix the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, basil, and pepper. Dip each chicken breast in the oil mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture. Place the coated chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish, and top with any remaining bread crumb mixture.

  • Bake 30 minutes.

  • Remove and pour spaghetti sauce over top and around chicken breasts.

  • Sprinkle mozzarella cheese, some parsley and more parmesan cheese on top of the chicken breasts and sauce.

  • Bake another 10 minutes.

  • Remove from the oven, pour yourself a glass of wine and enjoy!
~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~


Can we say yum? I seriously can't wait to try this. I love all things Italian, and since we'd like to curtail our spending, a trip to the Olive Garden might be presently out of the question. I love being able to have some "Fake Take Out" at home. Ah, bliss.

Rock on, Lauren. Rock on.

If you try this recipe out, be sure to leave a comment below or over at Lauren's blog.

Have a good week!









StumbleUpon.com

3 comments :

  1. Wow, thanks for all the love, Steph!

    Good luck with the "interesting things" that developed last week. I so hope everything works out exactly as you hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally going to try that!!! It sounds delish! Ooo and I can't wait to hear about the "interesting things" with the house! I've been praying for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Here is a shrimp/pasta recipe that I found from Kraft.
    http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/easy-shrimp-pasta-90591.aspx. I made it last week and my family really enjoyed it. I discovered that my oldest likes shrimp :)
    Hope all goes well with your house hunting and things work out.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google