Meatless Meals, Vol 10: Steph's Antipasto Casserole | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

March 9, 2010

Meatless Meals, Vol 10: Steph's Antipasto Casserole

My MIL came across a great cookbook recently, which she kindly passed along to me (THANK YOU!!). It is a treasure chest of awesome recipes, which I will most certainly be posting for you to try. I came across one that was meatless, and sounded delightful. I made some adjustments, tweaked it a bit, and ended up creating an entirely different (but fun) casserole that is absolutely worth trying! I love that many of the ingredients were already in my pantry (begging to be used before expiring). Let me know how my twist on the recipe turns out for you!

~~~~~

Meatless Meals

Steph's Antipasto Casserole

  • 2 cups of frozen shredded potatoes/hash browns, thawed
  • 1 small onion, finely chopped
  • 1 can of quartered artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • 1 cup of roasted red peppers, chopped (you can either roast them yourself or use from a jar)
  • 1 small can of sliced ripe black olives (or roughly 1/2 cup of whole black olives, chopped/sliced)
  • 1/4 cup of grated (or shredded) parmesan cheese
  • 1-1/2 tsp minced garlic
  • 1 can of mushroom soup, undiluted
  • 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
  • oil or butter

1. Preheat oven to 375º

2. Saute onions in oil or butter for about 3 minutes, until tender. Add hash browns/potatoes. Cook for another 5 minutes.

3. Combine artichokes, red peppers, olives, parmesan cheese, soup and garlic in a bowl. Add hash brown/onion mixture. Mix together.

4. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon hash brown mixture into the pan. Top with bread crumbs.

5. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

Steph's Notes:

You know I'm all about the cheese - so feel free to add more Parmesan on top. Mozzarella or cheddar would also taste great, but the next time I make this, I will be topping it with either Feta or Chevre. Since many of the ingredients are of a Mediterranean influence, I have a hunch that the Feta/Chevre would be delicious on top!

~~~~~

This smells absolutely fantastic as it is baking. By the time it came out of the oven, I couldn't wait for it to cool down before taking my first bite (which I later regretted...burnt tongue and all...). Serve this with a salad and crusty bread. This would also make a good side dish along a larger main meal for a dinner party.

Would love to hear about YOUR Meatless Meal adventures! Don't be shy - send me your recipes!

moderndaydonnareed@gmail.com



1 comment :

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google