Tasty Treat Thursday: Blueberry Ricotta Cookie Crumble | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

January 14, 2010

Tasty Treat Thursday: Blueberry Ricotta Cookie Crumble

Here is a fun little treat I've been enjoying this past week. I made it up one night while I was thinking of a new and creative way to use up some remaining Ricotta Cheese Cookies I'd baked a few days earlier. I love Ricotta Cheese cookies, but they yield upwards of 60 cookies. That's a lot. Even for me.

There is nothing much to this fun dessert, but with the utilization of blueberries, it gives me hope that Spring will indeed come. :)


~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

Tasty Treat Thursday

Blueberry Ricotta Cookie Crumble




If blueberries are frozen, thaw for about 15 minutes (until they are thawed, but still solid and cold). Place blueberries in a bowl. Crumble the Ricotta Cheese Cookies over the blueberries. Top with whipped cream (as much or as little as you desire).


~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

Notes:

1) I recommend using fresh blueberries when they are in season. Presently I've been using frozen blueberries. A great place to get frozen blueberries is Target. Their Market Pantry frozen blueberries come in perfect portion-sized baggies, and they are super tasty.

2) If you are having guests, this would make a great dessert to serve. To make it look cute, serve, layered, in a parfait platter or individual cups.

3) Should blueberries not be your thing, substitute any of your favorite fruit or berries. This might be tasty with bananas, strawberries or raspberries.

YUM! Can I encourage you to try this? Because I seriously can NOT get enough of this. If you do make the recipe, let me know how it turns out!

Send me YOUR Tasty Treat recipes at moderndaydonnareed@gmail.com



2 comments :

  1. Thanks! I seriously think about it all day until I can make it for dessert haha.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google