Simple Supper Monday - Volume 42: Slowcooker Chicken Taco Stew | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

January 25, 2010

Simple Supper Monday - Volume 42: Slowcooker Chicken Taco Stew

This recipe was sent to me almost a YEAR ago. Yikes! I did try it...a year ago...and it was great. It comes by way of Mychal over at My Life in Mommyland. If you haven't checked out her blog, stop what you are doing right now and head over there. It's funny, real and informative!

This is a stew recipe which is perfect for those cold Winter nights. As the weather here in PA seems to be heading back toward the cold end of things in a few days, I might stock up on the ingredients and whip up a batch myself.

~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

Simple Supper Mondays

Slowcooker Chicken Taco Stew

  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 16-oz can black beans
  • 1 16-oz can kidney beans
  • 1 16-oz can corn (drained)
  • 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
  • 2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
  • 1 1.25-oz packet taco seasoning
  • 1-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts


Directions

Mix everything together in a slow cooker except chicken. Lay chicken on top and cover. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. 30 minutes before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. This is good eaten with cheese, sour cream, or tortilla chips.

Number of Servings: 14


~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

If you try this, let me know how it turns out for you (I'll pass along your thoughts to Mychal!)

Check back throughout the week for more good stuff. Have a good one!



3 comments :

  1. I love my slow cooker. I have a bunch of healthy slow cooker recipes that I post on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm a little late commenting on this, but I found a variation on this that puts 1 can of enchilada sauce in it instead of the tomato sauce and taco packet- very good!!

    Also, I tried making this last week and found that I was out of diced tomatoes, so I used a chunky salsa instead. It worked out nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! That sounds awesome, maria! Glad it worked out for you. Kathy - I'm loving your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google