Tasty Treat Thursday: Pistachio and Tart Cherry Chocolate Bark | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

December 3, 2009

Tasty Treat Thursday: Pistachio and Tart Cherry Chocolate Bark

Last week, we had an onslaught of Hubby's family come in for Thanksgiving. One of our visitors (whom I rarely mention on this blog, but she is totally blog-worthy) was Hubby's Aunt Sarah. I LOVE. HER. Well, actually, I love both of Hubby's aunts, as they are both really fun and awesome women. Brenda has sent me some great recipes, which I have posted throughout the year (can you believe I've been at this blog for almost a YEAR?!?). Sarah, though, has yet to have blogspace dedicated to her!

Sarah is sweet, funny, gently, quirky and welcoming. I love spending time with her, and always leave feeling encouraged. When Sarah arrived, she instantly plopped some awesome home-baked treats into our hands. This is never turned down. Her treats were SO TASTY, and I plan on whipping up a few batches of each treat for the holidays. She got the recipes from Good Housekeeping, and I'll pass along the first one today!

~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

Tasty Treat Thursday

(from Good Housekeeping magazine)

  • 1 pound(s) semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
  • 8 ounce(s) white chocolate, coarsely chopped
  • 12 ounce(s) pistachio nuts, shells removed (1 1/2 cups), toasted
  • 8 ounce(s) (1 1/2 cups) dried tart cherries

Directions
  1. Place semisweet chocolate in microwave-safe 8-cup measuring cup or large bowl. Place white chocolate in microwave-safe 2-cup measuring cup or medium bowl. Heat semisweet chocolate in microwave, covered with waxed paper, on High 2 to 3 minutes or until almost melted, stirring once. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth. Heat white chocolate in microwave, covered with waxed paper, on High 1 to 2 minutes or until almost melted, stirring once. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth.
  2. Stir 1 cup pistachios and 1 cup cherries into semisweet chocolate. On large cookie sheet, spread chocolate mixture to about 1/4-inch thickness. Spoon dollops of white chocolate onto semisweet-chocolate mixture. With tip of knife, swirl chocolates together for marbled look. Sprinkle with remaining pistachios and cherries.
  3. Refrigerate bark 1 hour or until firm. Break bark into pieces. Store in tightly sealed container in refrigerator up to 1 month. Pack in decorative boxes lined with waxed tissue paper or colored cellophane for gift giving.
~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

NOTE: Using the melted chocolate as a base, you can really use any kind of toppings you want. I didn't have time to grab pistachios, so I recently made this with toasted sliced almonds and dried pineapple. I made another batch with dried cherries. I did NOT use the white chocolate. Verdict? DELICIOUS. So try anything: melted marshmellow, drizzled peanut butter, macadamia nuts, rice krispies, granola! YUM!

The recipe seems so simple, but I assure you the Bark looked so elegant and gourmet. It will be impressive treat and gift this holiday season (and don't worry: I won't tell if you make a batch this weekend and eat it all by yourself. I may even do the same).

I'll share the other recipe next Thursday (or earlier, if I get to giddy to wait)!



Send me more of your Tasty Treat recipes, and I will gladly share them with the rest of the community!


moderndaydonnareed@gmail.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google