Simple Supper Monday - Volume 38: Rosemarie's Beef Stew | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

December 21, 2009

Simple Supper Monday - Volume 38: Rosemarie's Beef Stew

As promised last week, I have one more Beef Stew Recipe to post. It came to me from (surprisingly enough) my elementary school librarian, Rosemarie! She is the daughter of a restaurant cook, so she learned some great tricks along the way. Rosemarie recently created this beef stew recipe (I give major props to ANYONE who can just "make up" a recipe. I am not so skilled), and emailed me the "steps," but did not write down the recipe. Steps? Recipe? Eh, it's all the same to me, as long as I end up with a tasty meal!

Thanks, Rosemarie!

***** ***** ***** ***** *****

Simple Supper Monday

Rosemarie's Beef Stew Creation


1. I bought precut beef cubes at the Giant, about 1 inch square. I had about 1 1/2 lbs.
2. In a large food storage bag, I put about 1/2 cup flour and salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. (maybe about 1/4 tsp. each.)
3. I put the beef cubes in the bag and shook them around.
4. Next I put a few tablespoons of vegetable/canola oil in a dutch oven and shaking the excess flour from the cubes, I browned the beef cubes in the hot oil.
5. After they were browned, I drained off any excess oil, then I added a large container of Swanson beef stock to the pot. I added coursely chopped onion, about a cup and a half, about 4 stalks of celery chopped into one inch pieces, and about 4 large carrots, peeled then cut into one inch pieces.
6. Bring that to a boil and then turn it down to a slow rolling boil. (medium heat) four about 45 minutes.
7. Then I added my peeled potatoes. About 4 or five cut to one inch chunks.
I think it cooked on low for about an hour. The flour from the meat and the potatoes helped to thicken the gravy.

We had French bread with it. I like to "dip", too.

***** ***** ***** ***** *****

If you try out this recipe, let me know how it goes, and I will happily pass along comments to R.

I'm still excited to receive more Beef Stew recipes - so don't stop sending them my way!

Happy Holiday Week!

1 comment :

  1. In order to cope inside a fast-paced market, new applications are expected.
    Investors are there to help the entrepreneur and to gain a cash
    in on their investment from your entrepreneurs company.
    If you're still at a loss, you can contact the consumer care team either by email,
    live chat, or phone during standard west coast business hours.


    My blog post - floodedbasement.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google