Simple Supper Monday - Volume 37: Crockpot Beef Stew | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

December 14, 2009

Simple Supper Monday - Volume 37: Crockpot Beef Stew

A few weeks ago, I called for people to send me their BEST BEEF STEW recipes. This was due to the fact that, well, I had none. And I had a hankering for Beef Stew. "Hankering" is an old lady word, and I love every minute of it. But it also reminds me of "handkerchief," which is a bit gross and not as endearing.

I digress.

So, I implored you all for some Beef Stew recipes, and several came through. I promised I would post them. The first one I posted 2 weeks ago, and it came from my SIL, Laura. I made it. It was awesome. We ate every last drop.

I may or may not have licked the storage container.

Laura, bless her heart, sent me not ONE but TWO Beef Stew recipes. So today I thought I'd post the second one! Note: I haven't gotten to try this recipe, but Laura assured me it's super tasty. And it's a slow cooker recipe, so how could we go wrong?!?!

***** ***** ***** ***** *****

Simple Supper Mondays


Beef Stew Recipe #2 - Crockpot Beef Stew


  • 1 lb stew beef
  • 6 small white potatoes - diced (you can also find diced potatoes in with the frozen veggies)
  • 1 medium onion - chopped (also in frozen veggie section for fast-preparation)
  • 2 carrots - sliced
  • 1 beef boullion cube
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1 TB cornstarch
  • 2 TB water
Add first 7 ingredients to crockpot.

Cook on HIGH 4-6 hours.

Mix cornstarch and water, add to crockpot to thicken.

Stir well.


***** ****** ****** ***** *****

YUM! SIMPLE! DELICIOUS! This weekend is shaping up to be pretty chilly in the Philly Suburbs, so I might just have to whip this one up! I have one remaining Beef Stew Recipe that I will post next Monday. Believe it or not, it comes from my elementary school librarian! Yay for Facebook's reuniting powers!

So, stay turned for more recipes, gift ideas and a special write up about The Pioneer Woman's visit to PA! Lots of fun stuff this week!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google