Simple Supper Monday - Volume 35: Stovetop Veggie-Beef Stew | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

November 30, 2009

Simple Supper Monday - Volume 35: Stovetop Veggie-Beef Stew

I don't know about you, but Thanksgiving was WAY crazier than I expected it to be! I had imagined a mostly-relaxing week, involving food and seeing friends and family (leaving plenty of time to blog).

There was just NO time to blog!

I will try to make up for it this week, and we'll see if the Holiday Season tries to take me out.

Last Simple Supper Monday, I did a shout out for all Beef Stew recipes. Thankfully, some have responded, leaving me with nothing to do but go to the grocery store and pick up the ingredients (which I plan to do within a few hours). I'll spend the next few weeks posting what I have received, and I will start by posting the first recipe I intend to try!

Laura, my awesome sister-in-law, always comes through with amazing recipes (many of which are Keeper Recipes, and I make often). Laura sent me TWO Beef Stew recipes, so I will try to make both within the next few weeks. Thanks, Laura, for sharing your recipe wisdom!

~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

Simple Supper Monday


Stovetop Veggie-Beef Stew


  • 2 pkg stew meat (I usually cut the pieces a bit smaller)
  • 1 medium onion, chopped (did you know you can freeze onion to use later?)
  • olive oil
  • 1 large potato, diced (about 1 inch)
  • 1/4-1/2 cup red wine
  • frozen veggies - carrots, peas, green beans, corn, etc. -- your choice
  • 1 can tomato paste
  • seasonings - salt & pepper, oregeno (to taste)
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar (optional)
1) Saute onion and meat in olive oil in a large soup pot until meat is somewhat browned.

2) Add potatoes and saute until somewhat browned.

3) Add red wine and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and let simmer for roughly 20-30 minutes.

4) Add veggies, cheese (OPTIONAL), tomato paste & seasonings to taste, bring to a boil, then simmer another 30 minutes.

5) Serve with crusty bread and ENJOY!


~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

Can't wait to try it! It will be on the table this week - so I will be sure to let you know how it turns out for me. Let me know if YOU try it, and I will pass along the remarks to Laura.

Do you have good Soup or Stew recipes? Send them my way!


moderndaydonnareed@gmail.com


No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google