Simple Supper Monday - Volume 33: Chicken Alfredo | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

November 2, 2009

Simple Supper Monday - Volume 33: Chicken Alfredo

Wow! I can't believe it's been SO LONG since a Simple Supper Monday recipe posting! I have a few up my sleeve that I am excited to share, so check back the next few weeks!

If you've been reading my last few posts, we've had a CRAZY past 2 weeks. Some nights, I was at a loss for dinner, and I didn't plan well enough to have simple ingredients on hand (WHEN WILL I LEARN!?!?). Sadly, we ate out a good bit - especially when our kitchen stuff was packed and we were living between 2 residences.

In times like that, it is good to have simple go-to recipes, where ingredients can be easily kept on hand in the pantry or the fridge, and the meal comes together quickly. One recipe comes to mind that I wish had occurred to me last week!

I made this recipe often with my friend, Heather. Years ago, we'd eat dinner together a lot. When we were out of ideas for new dinners, we'd head to the store to get these ingredients to make this semi-homemade Simple Supper. Homemade is always optimal, but not always plausible. So, this semi-homemade meal is great to keep stocked in your pantry, ready to go on a crazy night. It's a no-brainer recipe - and as I always say, no-brainer recipes always get overlooked for their worth!

~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~
Simple Supper Mondays


Chicken Alfredo


  • 1 box of Spaghetti, cooked and drained according to package instructions
  • 1 jar of Alfredo Sauce
  • 1 package of Perdue Short Cuts Oven Roasted Chicken (or any brand of ready-made chicken - or leftover homemade cooked/cubed chicken)
  • Pepper

1. Place cooked spaghetti in a serving bowl. Pour jar of Alfredo Sauce over the pasta, and toss to combine. Spread chicken bits over Pasta-Alfredo mixture. Sprinkle with pepper to taste.

Yep. That's it!

Optional: Defrost and steam box of frozen broccoli and add to the meal for Chicken Broccoli Alfredo (one more way to get your 5 a day!)

~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

I know, it's nothing special. But sometimes, we just need SOMETHING to put on the table, so why not something tasty?


I'm still on the lookout for Simple Supper recipes. Do you have a Soup or Stew recipe? Casserole? The weather outside is getting colder, and we need some hearty Winter Recipes to keep us warm! Send them my way to try out and share with the rest of the community!

Plenty more to come this week, so keep checking in!

Have an awesome week!

moderndaydonnareed@gmail.com

1 comment :

  1. I am so excited to go through your blog and get a few more easy dinner meals to have under my belt for those busy weeknights! I came across this recipe because it was linked to your slow-cooker shredded chicken recipe. You are simplifying my life -- thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google