Simple Supper Monday - Volume 31: Salsa Chicken | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

October 5, 2009

Simple Supper Monday - Volume 31: Salsa Chicken

Simple is best. I had a conversation about this very idea with my MIL tonight. She put together a few simple ingredients (off the top of her head, might I add), and a tasty dinner was created. She kept saying, "All I did was throw some gravy and dill together with some chicken. It was nothing special."


And that is just my point.


We do not have to have 15 ingredients (several of which some scholars cannot pronounce or must be found at a specialty foods stores) to have a successful meal. A few GOOD ingredients can be delicious, and any gourmet would be none the wiser.



One such recipe was sent my way via Hubby's aunt, Brenda (see the pic to the left - this is Brenda with her son, Michael). She is always sending really good recipes to me! Every time one pops up in my email inbox, it is always scrumptious and usually pretty healthy (which I appreciate). The recipe she recently sent me was great for several reasons. 1) It involved 2 ingredients, 2) It was super healthy and 3) It was a SLOW COOKER recipe! We made it last week and all I can say is: Y.U.M.


Thanks, Brenda!

~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

Simple Supper Mondays


Salsa Chicken

  • 2-3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 1 jar of your favorite salsa

Place chicken into the slow cooker, and pour the entire jar of salsa over the chicken. Cook on low for 3-4 hours (adjust time for your particular slow cooker).

**This is great served with/over rice. When I made it last week, I cooked brown rice and mixed with 1/2 cup black beans, 1/4 cup diced tomato, 1/4 cup onion, 1 tsp minced garlic, 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, 2-3 tbls lime juice.

~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

Yes friends, that is it! A simple, delicious dinner (easily) on your table.

What are your favorite SIMPLE SUPPER recipes? Have a keeper? Send it my way, and I will share it with the rest of the community!

moderndaydonnareed@gmail.com

1 comment :

  1. OMG! We just made this on Wednesday night! (I'm actually finishing it off for lunch today). We threw in some black beans, corn, and a green pepper to make it a little more hearty and it is seriously yum! (Sour cream and shredded cheese are great sprinkled on top too)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google