Simple Supper Monday - Volume 26: Slowcooker Pineapple Chicken | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

August 24, 2009

Simple Supper Monday - Volume 26: Slowcooker Pineapple Chicken

I found this recipe last week, and it came in quite handy. Since Hubby is back to school (as a teacher, not a student), he has had some late evenings at school for various set-ups and projects. I needed a recipe that was quick and could be eaten any time of the day (depending on when he got home). This obviously meant finding a slowcooker recipe.

Next, I needed something with simple ingredients because I had not gotten to go grocery shopping yet. I knew I had garlic, onions and green peppers. I also had thawed some chicken. Looking over my pantry, I found a can of pineapples (in their own juice). So, I googled, searched, and found this recipe. It looked good, so I figured I would give it a try.

It smelled okay while it was cooking all day. I had some doubts about how it would taste. Maybe I had imagined it would smell different, but it wasn't what I was prepared for. As dinner came, I knew I had to suck it up and give it a try. I'm not usually a rice fan (I'll eat it, but I hardly EVER prepare it), but this seemed like a good concoction to serve over rice. So, I threw some instant brown rice in a pot and steamed it up. Once it was done, I placed a few pieces of the chicken (which had become so tender it practically fell apart - I LOVE that about slowcookers) and poured some of the sauce over the rice.

It. Was. Amazing.

I couldn't believe it, but it REALLY came together - and quite tastily, if I do say so myself.

I give this the Steph Slowcooker Approval. SIMPLE ingredients, easily put together, and can be made in a crockpot. Life doesn't get any better than this. If you try it out, let me know how it comes together for YOU!
~~~~~ ***** ~~~~~ ***** ~~~~~ ***** ~~~~~




Simple Supper Mondays





  • 1 bottle barbeque sauce (plain or choose a flavored one for a different taste)
  • 1/2 of a 15 ounce can pineapple chunks (WITH juice)
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

In a large bowl, mix together the barbecue
sauce, pineapple with the juice, green pepper, onion, and garlic. Arrange chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker. Pour sauce over the chicken.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours (varies depending on your slowcooker)
~~~~~ ***** ~~~~~ ***** ~~~~~ ***** ~~~~~
Enjoy your week! More to come! Happy Monday!

Do you have Simple Supper recipes? Send them my way! moderndaydonnareed@gmail.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google