Simple Supper Monday - Volume 25: Egg Salad Sandwiches | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

August 17, 2009

Simple Supper Monday - Volume 25: Egg Salad Sandwiches

I've been a bad blogger.

I could give you a thousand excuses - my husband (a teacher) started back at school today, my sister is getting married in October (and her bridal shower is in a week), we are looking to move in the next 2 months...and did I mention I have a mobile 1-year old?

But, excuses aside, I miss blogging when I am not actively posting. So, I am hoping once the craziness dies down (our schedules re-adjust to hubby's teaching schedule, bridal shower is over, etc), I will get back to my regular routine.

It is during these seasons of life that Simple Suppers are a MUST. Sometimes, a "meal" in the sense that we know it, is not possible. But simple things to eat are not out of the question. One simple meal that never really gets old is Sandwiches. Yup - sandwiches. A perfect, and often overlooked, answer to the madness we know as The Weeknight Meal. Below is a recipe for a simple sandwich filler. The ingredients are always on hand, and with a bag of chips and some pickles, you've got yourself a busy weeknight meal!
~~~~~*****~~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~





Simple Supper Mondays


Egg Salad Sandwiches
(serves 4)



  • 8 eggs
  • 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
  • 1 TBS Mustard (yellow, honey or dijon - the flavor is up to your tastebuds!)
  • 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 8 slices bread

1) Hard boil eggs. To do this: place eggs in a pot, and fill with water until covered 1 inch. Heat water on high until boiling. Once boiling, set timer for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, drain water and let eggs cool. Peel eggs of shell.

2) Dice eggs.

3) In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs with Mayo, Mustard and Vinegar (if it still seems dry, add Mayonnaise by TBS until the desired consistency is achieved). Season with salt and pepper to taste.

4) Spread evenly among 4 slices of bread. Top with remaining slices.

Enjoy!

Variations: Add 1/4 diced celery OR diced green olives OR sprinkle with Paprika!

~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~*****~~~~~


What are your "quick fix" Busy Week Night meals: Sandwich fillers? Slowcooker meals? Easily put together soups or stews? I'm on the prowl for new recipes to try! Send them my way - moderndaydonnareed@gmail.com - and I'll post them for the rest of the community to try!


Have a great (and hopefully NOT overwhelming) week! More to come!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google