Tasty Treat Thursday: Butterscotch Chow Mein Jumbles | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

July 16, 2009

Tasty Treat Thursday: Butterscotch Chow Mein Jumbles

I know I said I'd be better about posting this week - and in my heart, I have! There is a new Local Flavor post I am DYING to type about, but I am waiting on some info - so hopefully I will write a LATE Local Flavor post later this week/weekend, or early next week. You won't want to miss it!

I AM excited, however, about an AWESOME EASY SCRUMTRULESCENT treat I am about to share with you. I feel that I am supposed to post about it today, because until Saturday, I had never experienced these little treats before - and then they were served to me TWICE in ONE WEEK. It's a sign.

So, I was catering a Grad Party this past Saturday, and these treats came out as a dessert. I was kind of like, "huh?" But, after I tried one, I couldn't stop eating them! I asked the host for the recipe - and it was so simple I almost hated myself for not coming up with it personally! Then, to top it off, a friend brought the SAME treats (with a slight twist), to bible study last night. They were SO GOOD. AUGH. Love them

Now, without further ado...
~~~~~ ~~~~~






Tasty Treat Thursdays


Butterscotch Chow Mein Jumbles


  • 1 package of Butterscotch Morsels
  • 1 can/package of Chow Mein Noodles

1) Melt butterscotch morsels over a double-boiler

2) In a bowl, combine melted morsels and chow mein noodles.

3) Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper. Drop chow mein mixture by large spoonfuls into small jumbles (about 2-3 TBS per jumble).

4) Refrigerate until jumbles are hardened.


ENJOY!

~~~~ ~~~~~


Notes:

1) My friend made these same Jumbles with a twist: She used half a bag of Butterscotch Morsels and half a bag of Chocolate Chip Morsels. I think you can run with that - using all Chocolate, or trying White Chocolate, Peanut Butter, etc. Whatever you can find in the baking aisle!

2) You can also melt the morsels in a microwave. To do so, place morsels in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 10 seconds. Take out. Stir. Repeat until melted. I have been told, though, the morsels turn out better if melted over a double boiler (for those who don't have a proper double boiler, you can improvise by putting water into a pot and heating until hot but NOT boiling - and placing a bowl (heat resistant/oven safe/microwave safe) over the pot. Place morsels in bowl, and stir while melting).

3) I think this would be an awesome and easy treat to make with kids!

4) I want to try to keep these ingredients on hand - because the treats come together in a snap, which is great when you have company drop in unexpectedly or you want to bring something to a gathering.

Once I get to finally make these myself, I will post pictures. Until then, enjoy! If you make them yourself - or have a special twist of your own - email me! Send pics!

What are YOUR Tasty Treat recipes? moderndaydonnareed@gmail.com




No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google