Tasty (SIMPLE) Treat Thursday: Pineapple Angel Food Cake | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

May 7, 2009

Tasty (SIMPLE) Treat Thursday: Pineapple Angel Food Cake

This is another awesome recipe from Brenda (my Aunt-In-Law?). She left this comment on a recent post - and I tried it out. The result?

Awesomeness.

I'm actually eating it right now! This recipe is as simple as it gets - 2 ingredients. Brenda also noted it is Weight Watchers Friendly (2 or 3 points per serving). If you try it out, let me know how you feel about it - I will be sure to pass the comments along!

Tasty Treat Thursday

Pineapple Angel Food Cake

  • 1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
  • 1 large can crushed pineapple (NOT DRAINED).

1) Pour contents of Angel Food Cake Mix into bowl. Do not follow the directions on the box (ie: don't add water. If there are separate egg white and cake mix packets, just empty them all into the bowl. Don't worry about whipping the egg whites, etc.).

2) Pour large UNDRAINED can of crushed pineapple over Angel Food Cake Mix. Stir to combine.

3) Pour batter into Angel Food cake pan (I believe you could do any kind of pan - bundt, 13x9, etc - since it's not going to rise the way an Angel Food Cake normally does).

4) Bake as directed on the box.

5) ENJOY!

It's a pretty dense little cake, but tastes very good - almost like Pineapple Stuffing (one of my favorite things in the whole wide world) - but without the fat and bad stuff.

Again, this a great healthier treat (note: I didn't say necessarily HEALTHY) to indulge in for dessert or to pair with your coffee (as I am right now).

Any other Angel Food Cake variations? Send them to me at moderndaydonnareed@gmail.com to share with the community!

PS - It's almost Friday! And I hear SUN is on the way...WOO HOO!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google