Simple Supper Mondays - Volume 17: Martini Chicken | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

May 18, 2009

Simple Supper Mondays - Volume 17: Martini Chicken

Happy Monday. It is an unfortunate shade of grey here in the Philly Suburbs. I'm hoping for a dramatic change in scenery at some point today.

I concocted a recipe this past week that I am pretty excited about. I took a simple recipe for cooking chicken, added a few ingredients and BAM! An original recipe!

...Well, I'm sure someone before me has come up with it. But until I hear otherwise, I will be patting myself on the back for coming up with something new (to me atleast).

The way the chicken is cooked in this recipe makes it EXTREMELY juicy. The cooking juices make a great sauce/topper to the chicken, only adding to the taste. I cooked the chicken in an electric skillet, so I could better control the heat source. You could easily manage with a large skillet on the stovetop, if you don't have an electric skillet.

This is an incredibly simple, but impressive, dinner.





Simple Supper Mondays






Martini Chicken 




  • 4 Chicken Breasts
  • 1 TBS butter
  • 1 TBS olive oil
  • 1 heaping tsp of minced garlic
  • salt
  • pepper
  • 2 TBS lemon juice
  • 1+ cup of Vermouth
  • 1/2 cup chopped green olives
Heat skillet medium high heat, and melt better/heat oil. Add garlic, and saute for 1 minute. Add chicken, and brown all over (roughly 3 minutes per side). Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice (use your discretion).

Add Vermouth (1 cup will do if you have a smaller skillet, but if you have a larger skillet, add more - enough to have half of the chicken submerged). Add olives. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes (depending on the equipment you are using, you may need to turn down the heat a tad). If cooking liquid is running low, add more. Turn chicken. Cook for another 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is done. Serve and enjoy!





The next day, I sliced the chicken into thin diagonal strips, and piled it on toasted bread. I mixed a little bit of the cooking liquid and leftover olives with some cream cheese, making a spread for the sandwich.

It was delicious.

Do you have a similar recipe, or variation? I'd love to hear about it! Any other Simple Supper recipes to share? Email me at moderndaydonnareed@gmail.com. Can't wait to hear from you!


1 comment :

  1. Wow! I'm impressed...before you know it, you'll be writing a cookbook :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google