Tasty Treat Thursday: Reynolds Parchment Paper Chocolate Chip Cookies | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

April 16, 2009

Tasty Treat Thursday: Reynolds Parchment Paper Chocolate Chip Cookies

To go along with my cookie dough confession, I thought I'd share this recipe I found recently for Chocolate Chip Cookies. I know that seems really simple, and so many people have recipes for this, but when you find something good, it is better to share it then to keep it to yourself!

When I make chocolate chip cookies, I usually just use the recipe on the back of the chip back (normally Nestle, unless I get the store brand). I found this recipe, strangely enough, on the inside of a Reynolds Parchment Paper roll box. I figured I might as well try it, right?

It was surprisingly AWESOME.

It was only slightly different than the recipe on the Nestle chip bag, but the cookies are SO SOFT and chewy. And it's been, like, 2 days. Usually they are hockey pucks by now (maybe not THAT hard, but definitely crunchy).

So, if you find yourself looking for something to do on a rainy day (luckily, we should be rain-free until early next week here in SE PA), try out this recipe and let me know what you think!

Tasty Treat Thursdays

Reynolds Parchment Paper
Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 package milk or dark chocolate chips

PREHEAT oven to 350º. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.

BEAT butter and sugars together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.

ADD flour mixture gradually to butter mixture and beat until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheet (they recommend parchment-lined, of course!)

BAKE 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.


Hope you have a good weekend!

Please send me your tasty treat recipes to share! moderndaydonnareed@gmail.com


2 comments :

  1. to keep regular chocolate chip cookies from getting hard, add a small piece of bread to the air-tight container. i have no idea why this works, but my family has done it for years and it has always worked.

    my family chocolate chip cookie history... my folks had their wedding reception in the original "Toll House Inn" in Massachusetts, we've baked Nestle "Toll House" cookies for as long as I can remember (even served them at our wedding!). once when my sisters and cousins and I were left home by ourselves when my mom and aunt and grandmother went grocery shopping, we made a mad batch of cookie dough and sat down around the bowl with five spoons... and licked the bowl clean! we were all sick the next day! :-) L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like good chocolate chip cookies!

    I started using parchment paper for cookie baking about a year ago and found that it did make somewhat of a difference in how they turned out...not sure why, they just seemed to turn out better :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google