Tasty Treat Thursday: Nestle Chewy Chocolate Brownies) | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

March 26, 2009

Tasty Treat Thursday: Nestle Chewy Chocolate Brownies)

As I near the end of the week, especially this week, my body beckons for something CHOCOLATE. I try to keep those boxed brownie mixes on hand, but recently found myself feeling adventurous.

So I made brownies from scratch.

And it's really not that hard!

If you find yourself with some time to bake some tasty treats for the upcoming weekend, I'd encourage you to try this recipe out. It takes only a little bit more time than a mix, and the brownies turn out so DENSE and MOIST! They aren't overly sweet, which makes me love them more.

Tasty Treat Thursdays

Chewy Chocolate Brownies
(from Nestle)


  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
  • 2 tbsp water
  • 4 bars (8-oz) of semi-sweet chocolate baking bars (Nestle brand), broken into pieces
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts (OPTIONAL)

Preheat oven to 350*. Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan

In a saucepan, heat sugar, butter and water until just boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add baking bars, stir until melted. Transfer contents to a mixing bowl.

Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Stir well. Stir in nuts. Pour into prepared baking pan.

Bake for 16-20 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.

NOTES:

~ I added 1/2 cup chocolate chips instead of nuts (of course!).

~ You can also microwave the sugar, butter and water in a large microwave-safe bowl on high power for 3 minutes or until the mixture boils, stirring once. Add baking bars, stir until melted. Then proceed as directed above.



Let me know if you have any other creative thoughts regarding these brownies. I'm going to scour my pantry to see if I have the ingredients for them. I could use a nice, dense piece of chocolate today!




PLEASE send me your Tasty Treat recipes! moderndaydonnareed@gmail.com

1 comment :

  1. Oh my! Those sound delish! I'm going to HAVE to make these tomorrow. Brownies sound soooooo GOOD!
    Oh also I found your blog threw google =) Thanks for sharing and comenting on my blog!
    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google