Tasty Treat Thursday: Oatmeal Spice Cookies | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

February 6, 2009

Tasty Treat Thursday: Oatmeal Spice Cookies

I apologize for skipping Tues-Thurs this week. It's been a bit hectic, between weather, the threat of sickness, and the chaos called Life.

With that being said, I hope to post regularly next week. For now, I'll leave you with a day late "Tasty Treat Thursday."


I learned this recipe from my friend, Briana's, mom. I was over their house constantly as a child, and Denise was always making morsels of goodness for us to eat. This was one of my favorites. After asking time and time again, she finally told me the secret to these cookies, which makes them SIMPLE and all the more GOOD! So, go out, buy the ingredients, and enjoy some warm cookies this weekend!


Tasty Treat Thursday



Oatmeal Spice Cookies



  • 1 bag of Betty Crocker Oatmeal Cookie Mix (and the ingredients the mix calls for)
  • Ground Cloves
  • White Chocolate Chips (OPTIONAL)

Make the cookie dough as instructed on the back of the bag (I think it calls for a stick of butter, eggs and water or oil?). After it is all mixed, pour GENEROUS and COPIOUS amounts of ground cloves into the mix. I asked Denise, "How much of the cloves do I put in." Her response? "When you think you've put in too much, put in a little more." So I go by that. Recently, I have taken to adding a bag of white chocolate chips into the mix, because the tastes go really well together. But, these cookies are fine without them as well if you are not a white chocolate fan!

So there you have it - simple, kind of homemade cookies that taste AMAZING and FRESH! Hope you like them!

Don't forget to email me YOUR Tasty Treat recipes!

3 comments :

  1. chocolate chips should never be optional :-)

    glad to see you back!

    :-) Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have stolen this recipe many times & it's SUPER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.

    Look advanced to far added agreeable from you!

    By the way, how could we communicate?

    Feel free to visit my web site ... basement wall crack repair Indianapolis

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google