Domestic Goddessy | Confessions of a Stay-At-Home Mom

January 25, 2009

Domestic Goddessy


I am a far cry from being a

Domestic Goddess.

I look back on black and white sitcoms and find myself wondering, "How did Donna Reed do it?" Cooking. Cleaning. Mothering. Wife-ing. Sexy for her husband, prim and proper for her children, the envy of her neighborhood and PTA. Baking pies while wearing a perfectly ironed dress, a spotless apron and pearls.

I am a far cry from being

Donna Reed.

Yet, here I am. Blogging in front a computer while my child is napping. Blogging when I should be cleaning. Or cooking. Or mothering. Blogging on a desk littered with empty coffee mugs that have not yet found their way to the sink. Blogging while wearing pajama pants that were spit-up on roughly one hour ago and a tee shirt that used to fit nicely before my body was stretched from having a baby. Clothes don't seem to fit right anymore, but I'll blame that on my dryer.

I'm not sure what I have to say on the matter of being a Stay-At-Homer. But I'd love for you to come along for the ride. And maybe we'll just learn some things from each other...

No comments :

Post a Comment

Hey! Share a thought or two - I'd love to hear from you! ~ Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google